The new generation will be entering the age of economic activity when most of the previously required skills will become irrelevant. Constantly changing environment, new challenges and new technologies require that young professionals are ready to solve the most non-standard problems and have a wide range of universal skills. Teachers around the world make great efforts to equip their students with the necessary knowledge. One of the powerful tools that they use to achieve significant academic results is Minecraft.
Minecraft - a game in the genre of "open world" and it helps to develop creativity and teamwork. The only limitation in Minecraft is the imagination of the player.
Microsoft has developed an educational platform based on Minecraft, where children learn a number of complex subjects: programming, mathematics, geometry, etc. Learning based on the game helps children quickly and easily master complex sciences.
According to Microsoft Class of 2030 research, in order to succeed, future students will need not only technical skills, but also the soft skills, such as creativity, sociability, ability to learn and teach others, stress resistance, quick decision making , time and finance management, etc. Teachers from 11 countries who participated in the study noted that problem solving, creativity, critical thinking and collaboration, in addition to decision making and communication, are the main skills that Minecraft cultivates. In a study conducted by Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop, 71% of teachers who use computer games such as Minecraft reported a subsequent improvement in students' math thinking. These are vital skills for future work in the sphere of computer science.
In order to develop this set of technical and leadership skills, at CODDY we have created a new in-depth programming course based on Minecraft using Microsoft methodology. The training cycle covers both the fundamental foundations of programming and the applied aspects of their use in building gaming universe, and thanks to this, it implements the educational potential of Minecraft.
“Minecraft: An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence” is a long course designed for children from 7 to 12 years old who are just starting to learn programming or already have some basic knowledge. The course is based on 8 months of intensive study in groups of up to 10 students. Throughout the course, children will receive a wide range of fundamental knowledge in programming and will improve their soft skills: self-confidence, teamwork, problem solving, creativity.
• learning the programming platform in Minecraft;
• programming and creating designs in the world of Minecraft;
• introduction to the concept of “algorithm” and robot programming using algorithms;
• introduction to the concept of "cycle" and robot programming using cycles;
• introduction to the concept of "event" and programming in the world of Minecraft using events;
• introduction to the concept of "coordinates" and programming in the world of Minecraft using coordinates;
• Introduction to the concepts of "absolute position", "relative position" and programming in the world of Minecraft using coordinates;
• introduction to the concepts of “variable”, “global variable”, “local variable”, work with numeric and string variables, programming in the Minecraft world using different types of variables;
• introduction to the topic “if-else conditional constructs” and programming in the Minecraft world using conditional constructs
• introduction to the theme of "functions" and programming in the world of Minecraft using functions;
• introduction to the topic of "arrays" and programming the world of Minecraft using arrays;
• introduction to the topic of “Artificial Intelligence” and robot programming using artificial intelligence approaches;
Through each block of three classes, students of the course consolidate their knowledge in the fourth, project lesson. In the process of working on a joint project "IT-city" the following skills are developed:
• mathematical thinking;
• algorithmic thinking;
• logical thinking;
• creative thinking;
• critical thinking;
• leadership skills;
• communication skills;
• teamwork skills;
• problem solving skills;
• project management skills.
Following the results of the 8-month course, projects are protected in the presence of the students' parents. As a result of mastering the “Minecraft: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence” course using the Microsoft methodology, the child will master the basics of programming and develop his IT project in the infinite Minecraft universe, receiving along with applied technical skills also “soft skills” - self-confidence, the ability to work in teamwork, problem solving skills, creativity and communication.
Minecraft: An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence is the best way to introduce your child to the complex world of programming and artificial intelligence. Successful development of the program will allow graduates to prove themselves at an early age, forming the basis for further development in the field of technical sciences.
During the training process we evaluate the practical side (how to do it?) and understanding the topics as well (why and what for?)
Students demonstrate knowledge by solving tasks in their own way, explaining the algorithms in own words, helping other students to correct mistakes and creating presentations on the final course project.
STUDY AT CODDY AND RECEIVE GIFTS FOR ACHIEVEMENTS!
CODDY classes consist of 30 levels and upon reaching each of them the young CODDY achiever receives a certificate.
Collect them all!
For reaching the 5th level, each student will receive a bracelet, for the 10th level — cool stickers, for reaching the 15th level each CODDY achiever will get an awesome notebook, and for the 20th level — a branded hoody. And that’s not all! On the 25th level a young coder will receive CODDY backpack! On the 30th level — personal CODDY gift!
Still have questions?
Contact us in any of the ways convenient to you or leave a question in the form below!