Anime drawing is a popular trend among creative youth. Many art historians, culturologists and sociologists are arguing about how good or bad this hobby is. And this sensational art continues to win hearts of children and adults around the world.
Does your child like Japanese comics and animation? Do not limit his interest! The Anime drawing course is a dream of all children who are keen on these popular Japanese cartoons. And now you can give your child the opportunity to realize this dream. Our course will help him/her to understand the originality, strength and expressiveness of this style of drawing, as well as immerse into the philosophy of the genre. The course is designed for all kids from 9 years old.
First, you need to understand the very concept and style of the drawing. Anime is a popular Japanese genre of cartoons.
• The term "anime" originates from the English word animation, but today it means exclusively the Japanese works of this genre. Taking some technologies from European animators and adding their traditions and features, the Japanese created real masterpieces that had conquered the whole world in less than half a century and have become one of the calling cards of Japan.
• Japan is the most graphic country in the world. The Japanese often resort to drawing to explain an idea. They use drawings in many instructions, posters, which are widely filled with their daily life.
• In Japan lessons of anime drawing are very popular. And this style is closely related to another concept - "manga" - Japanese comics. Although they are not only for children. Manga is a part of the national Japanese culture. A surprising fact that in Japan most of the books are written in the form of comics. Children and teenagers, successful businessmen and even grandmothers read manga! Each kind of manga is adapted for people of a certain age. There are many colleges and schools that teach drawing in the style of anime and manga. The trainings last several years from the basics of drawing anime to a complex multi-page manga projects.
There are many directions of the anime:
· Shōnen – anime for teenage boys (as in the popular series "Naruto")
· Shoujo – anime for teenage girls (as in the famous series "Sailor Moon")
· Spokon – tells about the adventures of young athletes, their friends and opponents (as in the famous series "Yuri on Ice!")
· Kodomo – anime created especially for young children (as in "Pokemon")
· Josei – anime designed for a female audience older than 18, but not having an age restriction (as in "Atelier "Paradise Kiss")
Moreover, the anime includes such genres as fantasy, mysticism, drama, cyberpunk and many others. There is an animation based on traditional Japanese legends, myths, legends and parables. This quality anime is a treat for true connoisseurs of Japan. Not to mention the true classic masterpieces by Hayao Miyazaki and his Ghibli studio: "Spirited Away", "Walking Castle", "My Neighbor Totoro" and many others, filled with amazing magic.
Characters from anime cannot be confused with other characters of ordinary cartoons. Drawing anime characters - a complex system of graphical representation of people, their characters and emotions. A distinctive feature of the characters are bright appearance and big eyes. The eyes in anime are remarkable for their amazing drawing, the accuracy of the lines, they convey the mood with the play of shades. The role of the eye is picked up by all other attributes of appearance. Unusual hair and hair color, clothes allow you to literally at first sight determine the character and characteristics of the character, to recognize his emotions. It is the transmission of emotions that is the basis of the whole anime culture. For them, special techniques and a whole system of changing the shape of the face, figure and other details, including clothing, have been developed.
The Anime drawing for beginners in Moscow are aimed precisely at studying the features of the style and mastering the main techniques of anime genre. Teaching the basics of anime drawing is best started with a pencil. However, most of the drawings in the anime style are painted with mascara. Our course consists of several modules. In the first stage, the kids will master the basics of anime drawing with a pencil, learn certain techniques, penetrate the history, culture and philosophy of Japanese animation. In the second module we will create works in color using markers and paints.
Upon completion of the course your child will be able to:
• Draw in popular anime styles
• Think about the images and character of the characters
• Correctly represent the eyes, facial features, clothing, body and face in various angles
• Understand the structure of the body - observe the correct proportions, draw complex poses, shape in motion, etc.
• Understand the cause-effect relationships and justify the actions of the characters
• Transmit the emotions and temper of characters using the drawing, make it "alive"
The lessons take place in an easy game form so every child is engaged in the learning process with pleasure and with an invariably successful result. Together with an experienced teacher and a group of likeminded people, every young anime lover will develop his mastery of the art and will be able to come up with amazing characters, fascinating stories and fantastic worlds. And you, after seeing the results of his work, will be able to better understand his passion. Give your child unlimited possibilities for creative development!
During the training process we evaluate the practical side (how to do it?) and understanding the topics as well (why and what for?)
Students demonstrate knowledge by solving tasks in their own way, explaining the algorithms in own words, helping other students to correct mistakes and creating presentations on the final course project.
9-15 years old
6000 rub a month for four 3-hour classes (500 rub/hour or 1500 rub/class)
Duration: 5 months
every Saturday or Sunday, once a week, 3 hours each
Number of students:
up to 10 people
Still have questions?
Contact us in any of the ways convenient to you or leave a question in the form below!