Presentations and public speaking have been in our lives for a long time already. Creating a presentation often are requiered during studying in school when preparing homework, making reports at university when demonstrating work and personal business projects. Every area requires providing high quality information. Effective presentation is a kind of a visual dialog with the audience. Colorful and understandable presentation is the key to successful performance. Do you want to create professional, cool, catchy and successful presentations? Then we invite every CODDY kid aged fr om 10 to attend our “Creating presentations” course! We will teach teach kids to properly design a presentation and use all the functions of Canva service and PowerPoint program so that instead of presenting plain facts a kid can demonstrate bright and presentable slide-show.
In traditional sense a presentation is a form of communication with the audience through visual perception. This convenient and effective way to present the information became in wide use in marketing and PR areas. Computer presentations are one of the multimedia project types. They represent a particular sequence of slides and visuals, wh ere the demonstration is run by a user. Today it is the most popular way to deliver the information. Presentations requires thorough preparation. When creating presentations the following algorithm of actions is applied:
1. Theme choice and presentation goals formulation. The goal has to be real and short and to the point, preferably in one sentence.
2. Compilation and systematization of material. The information has to be relevant, interesting and reply to the questions of the topic of presentation.
3. Development of precentation concept. Text and graphic material compiled is necessary to fix on the slides in accordance with a logic of presentation and its goals.
4. Development of presentation design. One of the most important steps of the process of creating presentations. The performance and its success is goint to depend on the design. Slides design should not distract the audience, it has to conform to the narrative structure and outline the main idea. Unfortunately, sometimes during the presentation good ideas can be lost in ordinary and boring design. In our classes of “Creating presentations” course we will focus on the art of presentation design. Kids will learn to properly use different fonts, color schemes, interactive, animated and multimedia effects.
5. Slide making. All text is written in one style, font and color in accordance to the main design of presentation. Different elements of the slide are similar through the whole presentation and make finished harmonious composition.
6. Presentation testing. When preparing for presentation it is necessary to match the text for performance to slides in demonstration in order to check all elements of presentation and comfort of work with it.
Popular programs to create presentations.
There are different apps, programs and services to create various types of presentations – using text slides, videos, animation, music and voice audio and so on. In the first stage of our training course kids will get introduced with the wonderful Canva.com online-service, which allow everyone to solve different designer tasks without preparation, expensive program software and equipment. The advantages of Canva:
Then we will get to popular PowerPoint presentation, which:
- has various funtions and untuitively understandable interface;
- allows to create presentations of different types;
- has a wide range of templates for design (from standard designs to creative ones);
- allows to place a photo, video, audio and animation in presentations;
- gives the opportunity to demostrate the information in the form of schemes, graphics, tables and charts.
What will «Creating presentations» course give your child?
Training program for creating presentations is held in enjoyable format under the guidance of experienced teacher. As a result of the course your child will learn to:
… and also learn several secrets of successful performance and how to use them.
The course "Power Point Presentation" consists of 3 modules.
In Module 1 we get acquainted with Canva.com online constructor and learn:
In Module 2 we start learning about PowerPoint:
Module 3 is devoted to a deeper study of PowerPoint. During this time the children and I will:
During the course your child will prepare a promotional presentation on a topic of interest to him or her and be able to present his or her work.
We don't just teach the students to work in concrete programs and services, we teach them how to look at the presentation as a designer and create high-quality content, as well as to publicly present of their projects. The ability to create high-quality, bright and successful presentations is a useful skill that will come in handy for kids now and in the future.
Please make sure your computer is suitable for the course. Recommendations at the link.
6 Lessons, 2 hours/each
STUDY AT CODDY AND RECEIVE GIFTS FOR ACHIEVEMENTS!
CODDY classes consist of 30 levels and upon reaching each of them the young CODDY achiever receives a certificate.
Collect them all!
For reaching the 5th level, each student will receive a bracelet, for the 10th level — cool stickers, for reaching the 15th level each CODDY achiever will get an awesome notebook, and for the 20th level — a branded hoody. And that’s not all! On the 25th level a young coder will receive CODDY backpack! On the 30th level — personal CODDY gift!