Public speaking for kids
Everyone is probably familiar with the fear of public speaking. Statistically, it’s inherent in 95% of the world’s population to some extent. In psychology the fear of speaking in public is called glossophobia. Rhetoric
will help to handle such phenomenon and also learn to form your own opinion and talk with confidence. Rhetoric is an art of effectively talk with people. Harmonious combination of rhetoric, psychological and acting techniques embodies public speaking.
Good grammar and ability to persuade has always been a guarantee of success in professional, social and personal lives. Person’s image and his perception by others depends by quarter on how articulate a person is irrelevant of the age and status.
Many parents could ask: do the kids need the public speaking skills? And our answer is yes! In the childhood and especially in adolescence there is a high needs in socializing with their peers, while social and organizational skills can be poorly developed. A child needs to develop communication skills for the full development of the person. Public speaking courses for kids can help in this.
Why is the art of public speaking important for teenagers?
Parents and teachers frequently face common children's problems such as they cannot work with classmates, express ideas, present information, ask and answer questions properly. Sometimes a student can be prepared for the lessons, but worry too much, mix up words, stammer, and as a result can't respond verbally.
A child can be developed and smart enough, but the wrong pronunciation, improper information delivery, inability to build speech makes the performance boring. Such unsuccessful experience is stressful and contributes to a lack of confidence and leads to the fear of public speaking.
In addition, in the internet age live communication is increasingly giving way to the internet messages, which distances people from each other. Jargons, word reductions and emojis are being used instead of words, and the art the public speaking means little to teenagers. Besides, many representatives of the younger generation Additionally, many teenagers have a poor vocabulary and cannot explain ideas.
Public speaking courses for teenagers in our school aimed at resolving such problems.
During public speaking course for kids your child will learnt to:
- build a speech in logical and consistent way;
- develop the voice and diction with the help of special exercises, creative tasks and constant practice;
- retell and report beautifully;
- present himself/herself properly, inflame and capture the audience;
- identify different personality types;
- read body language and get skilled in using it;
- hold debates properly – provide proofs and tactfully rebut;
- use humor, control the emotions of the audience and enjoy communicating with people.
Public speaking courses for kids ends with a public speech of each student in front of the audience.
After completion of the public speaking course for kids you will notice that your child::
- ✓ has become confident;
- ✓ has developed creative and communication skills significantly;
- ✓ comfortably answers in the classroom which effects his academic performance;
- ✓ applies the art of speeches;
- ✓ doesn't have a fear of speaking in public (which will be undoubtedly useful in education and future profession);
- ✓ makes new friends without efforts and enlists their support.
As you can see the ability to speak in a confident and beautifull way is one of the most valuable skills for kids. Eloquence is not an inborn talent, it is important to learn it. Our teacher of public speaking course for kids in Moscow will be happy to help with that.
How do we know a student has mastered the program?
During the training process we evaluate the practical side (how to do it?) and understanding the topics as well (why and what for?)
Students demonstrate knowledge by solving tasks in their own way, explaining the algorithms in own words, helping other students to correct mistakes and creating presentations on the final course project.