Parents thinking acting classes are for those kids who strive to build a career in cinema and theatre are totally mistaken. As real-world experience shows, self-presentation skills and the abilities to have confident conversations are necessary not only for working in cinema or theatre. Today it is important for a person of any profession to be heard and understood by the surrounding world. It is essential to have your own opinion and be able to express it. Therefore it is important to develop your speech apparatus, learn logics behind the speech, learn to express your emotions in a correct way, coordinate your actions and develop communication skills. Acting classes will help kids to develop confidence, be less uptight and stiff, overcome shyness and will help them feel more open in any situations.
Who are acting classes suitable for?
Acting classes are useful not only for those children who have acting skills and aspiration to become an actor in the future. It is even more useful for kids who are struggling with their confidence, communication skills and shyness. Acting classes at CODDY school will help children to discover themselves and open new opportunities. Classes are held in a form of game. Our teacher is a professional the field. Experience, the passion for teaching kids and creative approach help to make every lesson interesting and productive. By participating in various exercises, training sessions, etudes in our acting classes, children learn the right way to react in different situations, successfully find the solution, communicate with other kids properly and develop the culture of communication. Such skills will be useful in education and life.
Acting classes training involves the following stages:
- development of creativity
- concentration and memory development
- develop facial and tongue muscles
- work on speech
- development of facial expressions, gestures and plasticity
- work on pronunciation
- correct breathing development
- theatrical case studies
- ability to create and implement various characters
- the art of impersonation and improvisation
What can a child learn in the acting classes?
As a result of attending acting classes your child will:
- strengthen the confidence;
- develop creative thinking skills;
- broaden his mind and develop intellectual level;
- develop the speaking skills;
- learn to express own thoughts properly, hold the conversation the right way;
- get rid of the fear of public speaking, develop self-presentation skills;
- push through shyness and self-doubt, find the inner freedom;
- learn to understand the behavior of others and receive emotions and reactions needed from them;
- develop to impersonate and adapt to various situations;
- develop the skills of improvisation.
All these skills will be a great use not only to performing on the stage, but also everyday life: at school, university, and further at work, despite what the child will become. Acting classes will help your child to better understand the world and learn to find common ground with it. Personal charm, charisma and the ability to hold the conversation in the most challenging situations will make the future successful.
We also recommend every child to complete the “Public speaking
How do we know a student has mastered the program?
During the training process we evaluate the practical side (how to do it?) and understanding the topics as well (why and what for?)
Students demonstrate knowledge by solving tasks in their own way, explaining the algorithms in own words, helping other students to correct mistakes and creating presentations on the final course project.