In public schools, the classical BASIC and Pascal are still taught as basic programming languages. Although they do help to understand the principles of writing programs, they are no longer used by professional programmers. Modern technologies do not stand still, and today there are more advanced and relevant programming languages that are easily mastered and suitable for beginners. Do you want your child to learn how to write code in one of the most popular and sought after languages in the world and use it to solve real problems? Welcome to our Python Programming and Machine Learning course for kids!
The Python language began to be developed by the Dutch programmer Guido van Rossum in the late eighties. Guido at the time was a member of the Dutch CWI Institute, one of the leading European research institutes in the field of mathematics and theoretical computer science. He wrote this language at his leisure, having invested some ideas on the ABC language of instruction, in which he also participated. Development was completed in 1991. After the release of the first official version, a whole group of programmers joined in to refine and improve it. At the moment, Python is a powerful, expressive programming language that is easy to learn and easy to use.
There are many Python tutorials and lessons on the Internet. However, full-fledged success can be achieved when studying python programming for children under the guidance of an experienced teacher-practitioner. In addition to mastering the language itself, in the classroom children will learn how to use it practically in machine learning. We recommend that schoolchildren start studying the python from the age of 12. It is perfect for beginners to take the first steps in programming, because it has the following advantages:
· One of the main advantages of Python is a readable syntax. Python developers appreciate the beauty and clarity of the code, which is reflected in their philosophy called “Zen Python”. "Readability matters", "Simple is better than complex" - these are some of the provisions of this philosophy.
· Python contains the most advanced mechanisms for reusable software code. You can write simple and effective programs without spending a lot of time on it.
· The smaller amount of input code significantly increases the speed of development.
· Python design is recognized by many experts as one of the best.
· Interactive shell allows you to enter the program and immediately get the result.
· Python has support tools that dramatically speed up learning. For example, the turtle module, which mimics the "turtle graphics" and the tkinter module for working with the graphics library.
· As part of Python, there is a large library of modules that provides a wealth of features that are in demand in application programs, ranging from text search by pattern and ending with network functions. Python allows expansion, both at the expense of its own libraries, and at the expense of libraries created by other developers.
Python is used by such giants as Google, Intel, IBM. The popular YouTube and VKontakte sites run on Python. NASA scientists use it to encrypt and analyze data, and experts from various fields use it for large-scale research. Python is a programming language that will be in demand for a very long time!
It is also gaining more and more popularity because it is closely associated with machine learning and the creation of intelligent computer programs. Python greatly simplifies working with code. Now computers can’t be programmed as before, but be configured in such a way that they study on their own. Machine learning is one of the main IT trends of modern times and gradually penetrates all spheres of life - smart search from Google and Yandex, neural networks, smart spam filters, artificial intelligence in games and much more.
In this course your kids will:
· Learn the syntax and gain basic Python skills;
· Learn how to install and customize the development environment, apply basic Python constructs, create modules and packages;
· Learn about different ways to analyze data;
· Will get acquainted with the principles of machine learning;
· Will train several own computer models.Programming in Python
Please be sure your computer is suitable for the course. You can find our recommendations here.
During the training process we evaluate the practical side (how to do it?) and understanding the topics as well (why and what for?)
Students demonstrate knowledge by solving tasks in their own way, explaining the algorithms in own words, helping other students to correct mistakes and creating presentations on the final course project.
12-14 years old
from 750 RUR/hour for group lessons
from 1050 RUR/hour for individual online lessons
from 1800 RUR/hour for individual lessons at home
Course duration: from 3 months
on Saturdays or Sundays, once a week
Number of students:
up to 10 participants
6 Lessons, 2 hours each
STUDY AT CODDY AND RECEIVE GIFTS FOR ACHIEVEMENTS!
CODDY classes consist of 30 levels and upon reaching each of them the young CODDY achiever receives a certificate.
Collect them all!
For reaching the 5th level, each student will receive a bracelet, for the 10th level — cool stickers, for reaching the 15th level each CODDY achiever will get an awesome notebook, and for the 20th level — a branded hoody. And that’s not all! On the 25th level a young coder will receive CODDY backpack! On the 30th level — personal CODDY gift!