Participation in the Olympiad is a great way to approve yourself and show your knowledge, as well as strengthen your position in future admission шт higher educational institutions of a technical profile.
At present, Russia annually hosts hundreds of competitions for students in more than twenty disciplines, which includes four stages: school, municipal, regional and final. Anyone can take part in the school stage, but for passing to the next (municipal, regional, and even more so final), serious systematic preparation is needed. Winners and prize-winners of such events receive cash prizes and benefits when enrolling in educational institutions.
For example, Moscow winners of the All-Russian Olympiad for schoolers receive a prize of 200 thousand rubles, prize-winners - 100 thousand, and winners and prize-winners of international olympiads - 250 thousand, 500 thousand and 1 million rubles for 3, 2 and 1 places, respectively. In the Moscow Region, winners and prize-winners of the All-Russian Olympiad are awarded from 100 to 300 thousand rubles, prize winners at international olympiads - from 100 to 500 thousand.
In addition to monetary incentives, winners of the final stage of the All-Russian Olympiad for schoolers can enter higher education institutions without entrance exams. Such privileges are annually enjoyed by dozens of school graduates.
Preparation for a successful performance at such olympiads requires serious preparation, which takes a long time. If the goal is to win the final stage of the All-Russian Olympiad and participate in the International Olympiad in grades 9-10, then you need to start classes a few years before this stage. As a rule, prize-winners and winners of International Olympiads, planning to perform from 9-10 grades, begin to study from 6-7 grades. At the same time, it is desirable to have basic knowledge in computer science already at the beginning of intensive studies. In other words, the sooner the child begins an in-depth acquaintance with the programming world, the more chances there will be for a successful performance at the Olympiad of the appropriate level and the easier it will be for him to build an individual strategy for preparing for the most difficult stages.
Is it possible to prepare for the Olympics in the framework of the school program in computer science?
No, and for several reasons at once:
• Firstly, everyone who has at least once seen examples of olympiad assignments in computer science imagines the abyss between the level of a comprehensive school and the level of all-Russian olympiads. Many fairly simple assignments for middle school students are not provided for even in high school;
• secondly, the educational programs themselves, even constantly updated, do not keep up with the development of technology. Some languages used in textbooks are hopelessly outdated, others are new, but unused;
• thirdly, even with a modernized educational program, the number of hours devoted to computer science is negligible, and even the introduction of electives contributes little to solving this problem. Hours of preparation will not be enough, not to mention the fact that a teacher with a heavy load may not physically have enough time to conduct an intensive elective.
Therefore, the participants of the Olympiads give attention to self-preparation: they study specialized literature, look for information on sites and forums, solve sample tasks from previous Olympiads. However, preparing alone is much more difficult, and such preparation does not guarantee success, since there is no main element - feedback, control over the development of the program. The ability to communicate with teachers and comrades, receive feedback in the learning process, as well as new knowledge, significantly increases the productivity of training, and also makes the process of mastering the necessary material less stressful and more comfortable.
In this regard, especially for everyone who wants to participate and win in computer science olympiads, CODDY school has developed an educational course “Olympiad programming”. The course lasts from 3 months for students aged 12-14 years.
The course program includes:
• learning the basics of programming in Python;
• development of effective programs for solving problems;
• solving typical problems of the All-Russian Olympiad for schoolchildren in computer science (programming) for grades 5-7 in Python;
• a workshop in solving complex algorithmic problems;
• analysis of typical errors that occur when writing code;
• mastering the basics of code refactoring and much, much more ...
Graduates of the "Olympiad programming for schoolers" course will be ready to solve olympiad tasks in computer science, and they will also work out the most complex topics and algorithmic tasks, which will lay the foundation for successful participation in the final stage of All-Russian Olympiads for schoolchildren.
For training in the course program, basic knowledge of the Python language is necessary. You can check the level of knowledge of programming skills in Python by passing a special test below:
Please be sure your computer is suitable for the course. You can find our recommendations here.
During the training process we evaluate the practical side (how to do it?) and understanding the topics as well (why and what for?)
Students demonstrate knowledge by solving tasks in their own way, explaining the algorithms in own words, helping other students to correct mistakes and creating presentations on the final course project.
12-16 years old
from 750 RUR/hour for group lessons
from 1050 RUR/hour for individual online lessons
from 1800 RUR/hour for individual lessons at home
Course duration: from 3 months
on weekends, once a week
6 Lessons, 2 hours each
STUDY AT CODDY AND RECEIVE GIFTS FOR ACHIEVEMENTS!
CODDY classes consist of 30 levels and upon reaching each of them the young CODDY achiever receives a certificate.
Collect them all!
For reaching the 5th level, each student will receive a bracelet, for the 10th level — cool stickers, for reaching the 15th level each CODDY achiever will get an awesome notebook, and for the 20th level — a branded hoody. And that’s not all! On the 25th level a young coder will receive CODDY backpack! On the 30th level — personal CODDY gift!