A script is the basics of each exciting game. It requires a fascinating story and interesting characters. Game writers create stories and characters that become classics and build the basis of films. To become one of them, it is not necessary to be professionall. Even children are able to do it! Is your child not just crazy about games, but wants to create his own as well? Apply for our courses - CODDY experts will teach the young dreamer to create their own worlds. Any graduate will be able to create scenarios for games, participate in various projects and even earn money.
How to become a video-game developer
To become a successful game writer, you will need:
• coding skills;
• teamwork skills;
• knowledge of the trends in the gaming industry, understanding the needs of the consumers.
“Game development & Scratch advanced” is a course that teaches to create own stories and characters, and then make the script alive in the virtual object-oriented environment Scratch. It is an intuitive environment designed for children. Working at Scratch is easy and fun: you can play games with no knowledge of real programming languages. Visual programming is easier to master due to its clarity and no need to make code - it is made up of ready-made blocks. The course curriculum includes both theory and extensive practice. Classes are held once a week. In the intervals between classes a young creator of games can train by his own.
We recommend the course “Game development + Scratch advanced” to all students of 7–9 years old, because a child:
• learns how to create memorable, truly multifunctioned characters;
• learns the stages of script development;
• works out the personality of the characters, their behavior and committed acts;
• makes up own game scenario taking into account taste and style;
• realizes his creation in Scratch.
Our course is aimed at:
• learning to create fascinating projects from scratch;
• developing the imagination;
• starting quickly - without knowing complex programming languages, the child will be able to make a script alive. This will serve as an incentive for its further development in the gaming industry.
How do we understand that a student has mastered the program and is ready to develop his own scripts for video games?
Throughout the classes, we evaluate both the practical side of the matter (how to do it) and the understanding of the topic (why and what for). The students demonstrate their knowledge and skills by solving problems in their way, explaining the algorithms in their own words, helping classmates with mistakes and creating presentations at the end of the courses. Teachers monitor whether the child understood the topic correctly and explain to each student gaps and errors. After completing the course, the student is able to create his own scripts and realize them in Scratch.
Sophisticated training system, professional teachers, attentive attitude to each - with CODDY every young lover of the game worlds will become a professional.
How to install Scratch on a home computer:
- Go to the download section on the official website of the project https://scratch.mit.edu/download
- First download Adobe AIR for your operating system* and install it
- Download Scratch for your operating system* and install it.
- Launch the Scratch application.
- To open files from classes, download them to your computer, and then in the upper left corner of the application sel ect “File”> “Open”.
* Windows (7/8/10) - for most computers, Mac OS X - for computers fr om Apple. If you are a Linux user, you yourself know everything.
** The procedure for installing Scratch on computers running Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux is different:
How do we know a student has mastered the program?
During the training process we evaluate the practical side (how to do it?) and understanding the topics as well (why and what for?)
Students demonstrate knowledge by solving tasks in their own way, explaining the algorithms in own words, helping other students to correct mistakes and creating presentations on the final course project.