In our digital age, the modern generation cannot imagine life without a computer. The personal computer has long ceased to be a luxury or a subject of use of the chosen ones, now it is a necessary technical gadget, an assistant that allows you to keep up with the times. Children grow up with gadgets, so for them computer literacy is absorbed naturally, but their grandparents have problems with it. It is easy to buy a computer for elderly parents, but not everyone is able to teach it, because it takes a long time and a lot of patience. But this does not mean that the road to the world of information technologies is closed for the older generation. The study of computer literacy for retirees is a complex science that requires skills and practice. Best of all, special computer courses for retirees cope with this task, where experienced teachers know well how to present this or that material for older people. We offer you to enroll in our computer literacy course for the elderly by CODDY school in Moscow. This course is full-time, adapted to the possibilities of people of retirement age, who want to learn the basics of computer literacy and learn to use the Internet.
Mastering a computer opens up completely new opportunities for people of retirement age:
· Read the news, find out the weather forecast or the program schedule, without buying newspapers and magazines.
· Watch your favorite movies and programs at a convenient time, and not what is shown on TV.
· Communication on thematic forums with people who share your interests.
· Search and download the necessary information.
· Find relatives, classmates, classmates, colleagues with whom you have not seen in social networks for a long time and chat with them on video chat.
· Free Skype communication of phone calls.
· Make an appointment at the clinic or find out which pharmacy in the city has the necessary medicine and where it is cheaper.
· Buy a ticket to an event of interest, train tickets, flights.
· Pay for utilities and make purchases in stores without leaving home.
· Advanced users of retirement age become video bloggers and their own YouTube channel, which can also become a source of additional income for them — more on this in our Video Blogging course. https://coddyschool.com/courses/videobloging/
The main objective of the course is learning the basics of using computer and Internet. Classes are divided into block modules, each of which is devoted to a particular topic. Teaching computer literacy begins with the basics, general concepts, without complicated and abstruse terms, without “water” and gradually moves to more complex issues, all this is accompanied by compulsory practice. Classes are held in a quiet pace, study groups are completed exclusively by age, which allows our grandparents to relax in the environment of their peers and with interest to learn the material.
The training program includes all aspects of working with a personal computer and on the Internet that are necessary for novice users. The training course consists of 3 blocks, covering such topics as computer components and controls, embedded in the operating system applications and explorer, work in a text editor, work with the Internet, navigate and search for information in the global network, communicate via e-mail, instant messengers and social networks, security rules and more.
Our computer courses for pensioners in Moscow provide effective, hands-on trainings in small groups, comfortable and friendly atmosphere. By registering for computer literacy courses for the elderly in our school, you acquire only concrete applied knowledge and practical skills, without wasting time studying the abstract and unnecessary theory.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
· work confidently on a computer using all its functionality;
· navigate the controls of the PC and its desktop;
· self-install software and useful gadgets;
· perform operations with files and folders;
· work with documents in Microsoft Office Word;
· find the necessary information on the Internet and save it on your computer;
· work with USB drives;
· communicate via e-mail and social networks;
· use all the advantages of free instant messengers;
· protect your computer and learn the rules of safe behavior on the Internet.
· and much more
Do you want a personal computer to become your friend and a reliable assistant? Forget about your age! We are waiting for you in the classroom and will be happy to help you discover new opportunities for communication and self-realization using information technologies.
During the training process we evaluate the practical side (how to do it?) and understanding the topics as well (why and what for?)
Students demonstrate knowledge by solving tasks in their own way, explaining the algorithms in own words, helping other students to correct mistakes and creating presentations on the final course project.
STUDY AT CODDY AND RECEIVE GIFTS FOR ACHIEVEMENTS!
CODDY classes consist of 30 levels and upon reaching each of them the young CODDY achiever receives a certificate.
Collect them all!
For reaching the 5th level, each student will receive a bracelet, for the 10th level — cool stickers, for reaching the 15th level each CODDY achiever will get an awesome notebook, and for the 20th level — a branded hoody. And that’s not all! On the 25th level a young coder will receive CODDY backpack! On the 30th level — personal CODDY gift!
Still have questions?
Contact us in any of the ways convenient to you or leave a question in the form below!